- Brazil has the most Internet users in Latin America
- Mexico is the 2nd largest market for Internet usage in Latin America (35.6 million)
- The study reports that there were 11.8 million people online in Argentina and 9 million in Colombia
- Communicating and Web Surfing are the Most Popular Online Activities
- The majority of Internet users in Latin America (77%) use the Web to communicate with others, either through email, instant messaging or social networks
- 76% of respondents to a recent study visit websites for news, information, entertainment, work or school
- Interestingly, 28% of Internet users download digital content, such as music, videos and graphics
Latin America should be a natural expansion for US companies.