If your are not using social media to reach the Latin Amerca market, think twice, look at this statistics for Social Network Site Users in Select Countries in Latin America:
- A study by comScore reports that social networking usage in Latin America has increased in several countries between 2007 and 2008.
- As of 2008, 85.3% of Internet users in Brazil were also social network users (increase from 76% in 2007).
- 73% of the online population in Mexico were also on the social networks as of 2008.
- Almost 80% of the Colombian online population used social networking sites the same year
- According to eMarketer, approximately $10 million was spent on social network advertising in 2009 in LA.
- This year, online social network adspendis expected to reach approximately $15 million
- By 2011, about $18 million will be allocated toward advertising on social networks in Latin America
Social media is an excelente vehicle to reach new markets.